onsdag 2 januari 2008

The Best of 2007

I really love reading and making lists so I couldn't resist "The Best of 2007" hosted by Knit Lit



1. your best FO of the year - I must say my "Simple Knitted Bodice" from Stitch Diva Studios I knitted it about three weeks in Garnstudio "Silke Alpacka" in a mauve color that goes to nearly anything



2. best FO of the year made by a blog you link to - "Flicca" by Craftoholic, without any question! It's perfect in shape, color and in execution!

3. best yarn you tried - Merinowolle from Wollmeise. Could the texture and colors be more appetizing?

4. best new book/mag/pattern of 2007 - Interweave Knits

5. best new knitting technique or gadget you tried in 2007 - The magic pattern to My so Called Scarf

and addi circular needles. Not new on the market but new to me. Love them!

6. top 5 inspirations--what five things inspired you the most over the past year? -

1. Other knitblogs, there are so much creativity out there

2. Ravelry, absolutely! It's so easy to find patterns or get inspiration about different yarnqualities people have used for the same project. and to meet friends of course"

3. Knit Magazines and books

4. Things I see in movies, especially oldies, for instance " Be Cool" where Uma Thurman has a really cool green hooded vest. I just have to make it!

5. Yarn itself. I often "see" what I want to knit when I find a really nice yarn. I often start a project with the yarn and then try to find a nice pattern.

7. designer who most amazed & inspired you throughout the year - Amelia Raitte and oh, Eunny Jang of course. I have been reading her blog a lot and I was a littel afraid that she wouldn't have the time for designing when she begun her work as Editor in Chief at Interweave Knit, but there have popped up a few designs lately and they are so pretty. Her skill as a patternwriter is also perfect. It is really easy to follow her logical step-by-step instructions.

8. knitting resolutions for 2008--what's next for you and your blog? - More pictures, more entries on the blog and I have to improve my finish-rate a lot more before starting new projects (which I'm really, really god at, BTW...)

Inga kommentarer: